If you’re ready to pave a new driveway for your home, you have two main options to work with: asphalt and concrete. These two choices are the most popular among homeowners because of their cost, longevity and durability. However, it can be difficult to choose between the two.
Although both paving materials have many similarities, asphalt can provide some unique benefits that concrete cannot. Here are a few reasons to choose an asphalt driveway in Nashville, TN:
- Takes less time to install and cure: Installing asphalt is an easy and fast process for asphalt pavers, meaning your driveway will come together faster than a concrete driveway typically can. Not only is this better for your ability to use the driveway, but you’ll also spend less on labor costs. Additionally, an asphalt driveway can be driven on in just a few hours once it has time to cure. Concrete, on the other hand, can take several days to cure before you can drive on it. This can cause difficulties with parking vehicles and accessing your home.
- Has a simple, clean appearance: Asphalt has a flat, black surface that blends into the road and acts as a nice complement to your home because it can match any type of design. However, if you want something a little more unique, some companies can tint the asphalt during mixing to provide a bit of color. Additionally, the dark color of asphalt can easily mask any signs of staining, whereas they would stand out against easily stainable concrete.
- More cost-effective: Asphalt is a more cost-effective alternative to concrete, costing only about half the price per square foot of concrete. The average cost of asphalt can range between $2and $5 per square foot, leaving extra cash in your wallet for other home improvement projects.
- Repairs are easier: Although asphalt does degrade over time, it can still have a long lifespan with the right maintenance and repairs. Repairing asphalt is very easy, is inexpensive and doesn’t take that much time, resulting in a smooth, even appearance across the entire driveway (concrete isn’t able to be repaired as easily). Asphalt driveways are also able to be resurfaced easily, which concrete cannot.
- Withstands cold temperatures: Concrete is known to degrade when it’s faced with freezing temperatures and rock salt, but asphalt doesn’t have this problem. Your asphalt driveway is much less likely to flake or crack in cold weather.
- Maintains longevity: The average asphalt driveway in Nashville, TN can last up to 20 years, or sometimes even longer. It all depends on how well the driveway is maintained and sealed over the course of its life. In order to get the most out of your driveway, you’ll want to hire a reliable asphalt paving contractor to create a sturdy driveway, then be proactive about maintenance and repairs when it needs them.
If you’re interested in paving an asphalt driveway in Nashville, TN, contact Priority Paving! As a premier asphalt paving and resurfacing contractor, we provide residential and commercial properties with top-quality asphalt driveway or parking lot paving and repair.
Categorised in: Driveways