How To Maintain Your Paved Driveway
Your driveway is one of the first things people notice about your house. They get a lot of wear and tear and need to be cleaned and maintained regularly. You can take a few simple steps to keep your driveway in good shape, protecting your investment and preventing costly repairs later on. Whether you have an asphalt, concrete, or brick driveway, here are some tips to maintain driveway longevity.
1. Clean it regularly. Keeping your driveway clean is one of the most important things you can do to maintain it. This means sweeping it regularly, especially after heavy rain or snowfall. Dirt and debris trap moisture under your driveway, leading to cracks and damage over time.
2. Seal it periodically. Another way to extend the life of your driveway is to seal it every few years. This will help protect your driveway, especially if you live in an area with heavy rain or snow. Be sure to use quality sealant products and follow all manufacturer’s instructions for application.
3. Waterproof it. Have you wondered how to maintain an asphalt driveway? One of the best preventative maintenance tips is waterproofing it. This will help protect it from water damage and extend its life. Plenty of waterproofing products are available at most hardware stores or online retailers, so research before deciding on a product.
4. Watch the edges. The edges of your driveway are vulnerable to cracking and damage from extra weight. Do not park your car near the edge of your driveway, especially if you have a truck or larger vehicle.
5. Remove snow carefully. Always raise the blade of your plow to its highest setting when plowing snow off your driveway. Use a plastic shovel if you’re plowing by hand so you don’t damage the surface of your driveway. Additionally, always shovel snow off to the side or in a pile rather than pushing it back into the street.
6. Use a de-icing product. During the winter months, it’s essential to always use a de-icing product on your driveway instead of salt or other harsh chemicals that can damage it. You can pick these up at your local hardware or supermarket.
7. Get help from professionals. If you’re worried about your driveway looking its best and lasting for years, consider hiring a professional to do regular maintenance. This will ensure your driveway is always in good condition and help you avoid expensive repairs down the road.
A maintained driveway is a key part of your home’s curb appeal. By following these simple tips, you can keep your driveway looking great and protect it from damage over time. These simple steps to maintain your driveway can help ensure that it lasts for years.
Categorised in: Uncategorized